"Wow! . a 10% increase in illustrations, plates now sprinkled with text to point out key features, updated range maps, comprehensive subspecies maps, and other useful new features. This classic guide just keeps evolving and improving. This is the guide you want with your field gear."—J. V. Remsen, Distinguished Professor and Curator of Birds, Museum of Natural Science, Louisiana State University
National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of North America, Sixth Edition contains the most all-new material since the first edition was published more than 25 years ago. This latest edition includes:
• 300 new art figures
• unique subspecies maps never before seen in a field guide
• extensive migration information overlaid on species maps
• field-mark labels on all artwork
• text updates to include new species
• reorganization reflecting taxonomic changes in the bird community
• organization, readability, and increased page count, with a fresh new design.
About the authors:
Jon L. Dunn is a leading expert on the identification and distribution of North American birds. He is a consultant for Birding magazine, and former chair of the American Birding Association's Checklist Committee.
Jonathan Alderfer is chief consultant for National Geographic's Birding Program, and a widely published author and field guide illustrator. One of the nation's foremost birding artists, he is well known for his authority on North American birds and his expertise as a field ornithologist.